The ASA of Malta is proud to host a
World Aquatics Water Polo Development Course
for Technical Officials
scheduled to be held in Malta between the 27 and 28 October 2023.
- The objective of the World Aquatics Water Polo Development Course for Technical Officials is to:
- Build a bigger group of qualified Water Polo referees, raising the level of the existing ones,
- Create world-wide uniformity in the interpretation and the application of Water Polo rules, raising the quality of officiating.
- Establish a point of reference for the World Aquatics Member Federations and the Continental Organisations’ education programmes.
- This course caters for referees with experience on a national level with an ambition to continue at an international level.
Further information concerning the World Aquatics Water Polo Courses and the referees’ certification process is available on the Learning Platform.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years old at the start of the World Aquatics Development Course programme.
- The maximum number of participants in a World Aquatics Water Polo Development Course is 30.
- All participants must register by 10 September 2023 by filling this online form.
- If you require any assistance with the registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find below the details related to the organisation of this course:
Arrival: 26 October 2023
Course: 27-28 October 2023
Departure: Evening of 28 October 2023 after the course completion or 29 October 2023.
Important Note: World Aquatics makes a reasonable effort to plan and conduct the courses as described in the present document. However, please note that changes, including postponing or cancellation of the World Aquatics courses might take place.
Insurance: Participants should ensure that their health/travel insurance covers the country of the Certification Course, including COVID-19 issues. The organising federation will provide logistical support to any individuals with on-site illnesses. Any pre-entry, arrival and departure COVID-19 testing will be at the cost of each participant.
Place: Valletta, Malta
Arrival Airport: Malta International Airport (MLA)
Each Member Federation is responsible for the travel expenses of the nominated referees.
Due to the limited number of spots, we kindly ask you to not book any flight tickets until your participants have been approved.
Visa Support: Please contact the Aquatic Sports Association of Malta (ASA Malta) if you require visa assistance.
Accommodation: Each World Aquatics Member will cover the accommodation expenses of the nominated participants.
Reservations: To get further details about the Official Accommodation and to make a reservation, please contact the Aquatic Sports Association of Malta (ASA Malta) via email email@example.com
Local Transport: Transfers from and to the airport will be provided by the Aquatic Sports Association of Malta (ASA Malta) for those participants accommodated at the official hotel.
In order to organise the local transportation, please provide the participants’ flight arrival and departure details to the Aquatic Sports Association of Malta (ASA Malta) via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Venue: University of Malta
Programme: Please click here for the course programme.
OC Contact: Claudio Azzopardi
We strongly believe that the World Aquatics Water Polo Development Courses for Technical Officials will powerfully contribute to the improvement of our sport.
We look forward to receiving your nominations through the Online Form by no later than 10 September 2023.
ASA Press Release 04-2024 – Artistic Swimming National Team at the World Aquatics Championships 2024 – update
ASA Press Release 02-2024 – ASA of Malta To Host The Men’s Water Polo European Champions League Final Four For The Next Three Years
Have a question about us? Ask anything you want to know.
Aquatic Sports Association, Tal-Qroqq Sports Complex, Maria Teresa Spinelli Street, Gzira, GZR 1711, Malta
+356 2132 2884
+356 2132 2880